The policy on days of closure pertaining to Holy Family SNS is, as follows:
- The broad shape of the school year is determined by the Standardised School Year, as notified from time to time by Department of Education circular(s).
- In June of the preceding school year, a post-holder and the Principal, in consultation with staff of both the Junior and Senior Schools, draws up a list of proposed additional closings for the forthcoming year.
- A calendar of planned school closings for the forthcoming year is circulated to parents/guardians in early September.
- Closings will also be posted on the yearly calendar on the school website.
- In the case of an exceptional closing, the school will endeavour to inform all parents/guardians by one of the following means:
- Announcement at Sunday Mass, if cause for closure occurs at the weekend.
- Contact parents and/or designated emergency “minders” through emergency list phone numbers.
- Place notices at entrance to the school.
- Contact parents through the school text-a-parent system, so that all parents can be quickly notified.